Thursday, July 22, 2010

One Last Thing!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to say that there is no possible way for me to pick only one or two favorite things throughout this process. EVERYTHING we learned and used was helpful in several ways and could be used to enhance my classroom, campus, or profession. I look forward to trying at least a few this semester and even more next semester.

My lifelong learning goals have changed dramatically! I have heard people talk about 23 Things over the past few years and I remember thinking to myself, "What on Earth could they possibly be doing? How hard could it be?" Well, it's not that it's hard, but it requires a lot of focus and understanding. I am so very glad that took this class. I plan on taking at least one technology class each year, possibly two if time allows. I realize now how fast things change and know it is important to stay on top of things for the sake of my students and their learning.

I think the format of this program worked really well. I liked how each "Thing" had a page n the wiki so I could focus on one thing at a time. I always knew where I left off, and it was very easy to pick up from there each time I got back online.

If another discovery program like this was offered in the future I would be first in line to participate. I think having many people organize and facilitate a task this large is a challenge, but it looked seemless from my perspective. Job well done!

The learning gained on 23 Things will impact my classroom from week 1! I can't wait to share and move forward with all the goodies I have in my brain. I hope I will continue to have access to the 23 Things wiki for reference as needed until I am able to remember all of it.

I think the best way for me to keep up with web 2.0 information is to really work on organizing my reader. It is a hugely useful tool. I can add and adjust it as often as I would like. I have to continue checking it. I want to be sure and keep an open mind and also be on the lookout for information "within" other information. One of my favorite blogs was found mentioned in someone else's blog from my reader.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed how the course was set up. I totally believe that if we teach ourselves through play, then we learn better.

    ReplyDelete