Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Thing #21 - More Google

Who knew!?!? I have had an iGoogle for a while, but I haven't used it for a long time. I was really happy to see how it all ties together. I can have access to my gmail, reader, docs, etc... all in one location for the most part :-) How convenient!!

Google Earth has to be one of my absolute favorites. I could play on that thing all day long. Just trying to find different locations. You can even look for shipwrecks! Neato! I used Google Docs for a class last summer, but haven't used it since. I realize now what I have been missing out on... and I will definitely not make the same mistake twice. I have moved some of my most used and most important documents to it so I will have access to them at all times. No more will I have to go to my sent folder in my email looking for a document I email to myself. Don't laugh... You know you've done that before!!! LOL

I plan on having my students use Google Earth to see different locations for settlements, battles, wars, and distances traveled for other events. I think the interactive feature on Google Earth will keep them interested and willing to try new things. I am ure by the end of the lesson, at least one of them will have something new to teach me :-) It always happens that way! Kids have no fear so they will try anything.

I tried to download the Google Sketch-up, but I couldn't get it to work. It sounded really cool. If anyone has played with it, let me know :-) I thought it might be something fun for the kids to create an invention to go with the lesson on the Industrial Revolution. Maybe I will try it again on one of my school computers.

Happy Googling!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment