Sunday, July 18, 2010

Thing #18 - You Tube

Creating videos for educational use can be very rewarding for students and teachers alike :-) I have done a few before for virtual field trips. They can be lots of fun once you realize how to get everything organized. The work is great when all goes well... however, that may not always be the case :-) Students can make videos recreating scenes from stories or history. They can do a newscast or a how-to for science or math. There are lots of different ideas, but I am sure the kids would come up with the best on their own.

I found a few pretty good videos on Physical science. I enjoyed watching them since they were fairly short, compared to full-length videos. I also found a video explaining how to fold a t-shirt in 2 seconds... seriously!! I tried it and it worked! But favorite video of all was this one:

1 comment:

  1. You actually shared an idea that is different than most; you talked about students making educational videos. I think we most often think of youtube as a way to search for already created videos (which you did mention), but I think you have a great idea with allowing students to create videos and post them to youtube.

    ReplyDelete