Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Thing #17 - Podcasts

I have to say, even though this is not my first time being exposed to podcasts, I always try to go into it with an open mind. I really do, but I just can't get into it. I guess it just isn't my thing, you know... It reminds me so much of "talk radio" which I just can't stand!! I found one that tells historical of stories about Colonial Williamsburg and I actually enjoyed it :-) Of course, I had listened to nearly 15 others first. I guess there is a little luck to finding good ones. Until you really get into it, there is just the sense of unfamiliarity. I am sure there is the possibility that some of the blogs I have subscribed to have favorite podcasts, so I may want to investigate the option.

I am sure that my students would love the idea of podcaasting. I could really see this being a great tool in the classroom to use with several different subjects. Students could read their writings for English, hold mock interviews for social studies, explain math problems, and describe science processes during an experiment or observation. There are many possibilities to using podcasts in the classroom.

I would love what other people have to say about this. I really don't want to dismiss podcasting because I don't like it... maybe I just haven't been exposed to it in the right way???? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment